Thursday, December 14, 2006

got my assed kicked...

...last night.
as you can imagine, the guys who do kickboxing are normally very big, strong guys. last night we were primarily practicing grappling (taking down, tackling/wrestling your opponant) and i got my ass kicked (actually, my groin). one move we had to do repeatedly was tackle and pick up our opponant over our shoulder and throw them to the ground. this guy who was tackling me repeatedly slammed his shoulder into the same spot on my groin, 10 times. (well, then at least after i got to do it to him). afterwards we were sparring, doing 1-minute fights with all the guys. so one guy would be in the middle and take turns wrestling the rest of us. they had me go last so that when he was absolutely exhausted, that's when i got my turn to try to pin them. well, i suppose it's a way for me to learn if they're that much compromised and i have even a fraction of a chance...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are way too hard on yourself love! you're fighting a bunch of fellas while i on the other hand stood next to one of my kids mothers..(ugh) at Power weight class the other night...only to have her kick my ass with heavier weights than me and have her watch me stop mid set and puff and pant and look totally unfit and pathetic! haha.
gotta love Japanese gyms.
full of "amateur" sports people who at home we would call semi pro!!

8:25 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roll on Christmas, turkey,stuffing, chocolate and alcohol and the look on their faces when I literally "roll" back into the gym in January ;)

8:26 p.m.  
Blogger Jenelle said...

wow I didn't realize kickboxing had grappeling, always just thought it was a punch and kick thing...or are you in ultimate fighting?

8:27 p.m.  
Blogger Justine said...

the coach is a shooto coach - which is the combination of grappling and k-boxing. i usually attend the kboxing classes but sometimes on thursdays we do some grappling.

8:32 p.m.  
Blogger Justine said...

my first proper xmas in 3 years!!! bring on the food!!!

10:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home