Wednesday, June 22, 2005

today...

we have air-con in our teachers room. great!
this morning the bank called me at school to ask if i could go there today. i rode my bike to school today, so in 30 minutes i had to bike from toyoura to daishi bank, arriving covered in sweat and absolutely disgusting in this 30 + degree weather...all to discover all i had to do was hanko the date on something because i'd flipped the month and day.
then today i was doing oral reading tests with my ni-nenseis. after i had done everyone indifidually, my teacher asked me in front of all the students who got the best marks. so i listed off several. after one boy's name my teacher stopped me and said, "(boy's name), really?" and made the boy stand up and then he was like, "no, it couldn't have been him, do you remember how he did?" and i was like, i just did 36 students no i can't remember how he did in particular but the marks are right in front of me. so after class he called the boy over and made him read the page again (to which he did perfectly). then as the JTE and i were walking back to the teacher's room he said, "that boy is not good at english. i think he was lucky to get an easy page". WTF?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bastard teacher, that is so backwards its unbelieveabe! I'm sure making the kid feel stupid in front of everyone in his class will really improve his confidence and thus ability to do well at english. Hope your good appraisal goes someway to compensate for him having a stupid teacher...

9:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home