Monday, June 25, 2007

shushu fight in niigata


last night i went to a shushu club fight at a seedy night club in the city. shushu is kind of like a mixed martial arts events and there were a couple of guys competing from my kboxing gym, as well as lots of guys from there going to watch so i went to check it out. it was really really fun - the crowd sat around the dance floor where they had mats spread out. it was done really pro-style with a scare announcer, refs, tv screens showcasing the fighters etc. the fighting was very crowd-pleasing, including a 2-against 2 tag-team, and break dancers during the intermission to keep the crowd happy.

that looks a little painful

after the last fight

me, yuusuke and kazeta (my instructor)


1 Comments:

Blogger Glen's world said...

Hey, I love this Blog. I used to live In Niigata back from 1993-2000. I know Fujita (Jin Kazeta) very well. Some of the guys in ShuShu as well

8:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home