Wednesday, February 09, 2005

ah you should see my apartment

i think the next picture i will post will be one of my gorgeous apartment. made even more gorgeous recently by the purchase of three things: deep, rich burguny pillow cases, a standing lamp, and a bulb for the lantern i bought in thailand. it's all about the lighting FOLKS. i covered those hideous light blue and green pillows and have arranged them nicely on my japanese (mini) couch. they compliment my thai silks and pleather sofa well. ADDITIONALLY, adding to my collection of heaters, heated toilet, and heated blanket, i have discovered a heated carpet. so my apartment is cozy, cozy and gorgeous, gorgeous. if only my neighbour would share the snow shovelling load...
feeling very happy with my kids this week. leaving saruhashi jhs on tuesday each group of punks i passed waved and shouted "goodbye ms. justine!". even mr. "i'm too cool for school and everything else in this world" (one of my students who is obviously mr. popularity) passed me in the hallway yesterday and said, "hello!" i turned and smiled and said, "hi! how are you?" to which he responded "how are you?" then his cheeks turned red and all his friends laughed and immitated him and he stumbled and then said, "i am fine thank you, and you?"
my next class we have 5 teachers from my primary schools coming to watch the class to see what team-teaching is like at junior high. my jte is all stressing, wanting the lesson to be perfect, and he's even wearing a suit today. glad i picked my black suit today.
wish me luck...

5 Comments:

Blogger beckstar said...

がんばって!!!

1:23 a.m.  
Blogger shinanos said...

お~、楽しみにしてるよ :)
素敵な部屋に住んでるなんて、いいな~♡
私は家族と住んでいるから、部屋はボロいの。
そうそう、ナタリーが私のブログにコメント
してくれていたよ。彼女のHPを見たけど、すごく
可愛いね!そのうち、新潟のどこかで会えたら
面白くなりそうだ・・・ふふふ :) 確かに、新潟
まつりの花火はキレイだよね。最近は人ごみが
イヤであんまり見に行かなくなったけど、花火
は大好き。あ~、早くあったかくならないかな。
もう雪はふらなくてもいい…春になったら桜を
見に、友達のところへ遊びに行くんだ~!
花見は楽しいよ。キレイな桜を見ながら、外で
ビールとかワインとか飲んで、お弁当を食べて、
みんなで大騒ぎするからね(笑)。
今回は日本語で書いてみたけど、分からない時
は英語で説明するね。じゃ、またね~!shina

9:47 a.m.  
Blogger Justine said...

arigato, beckstar!
shina, i can read the hiragana and katakana, but not the kanji. musukoshi, ne!
ANONYMOUS: tasteful lighting... NO. complete opposite. flourescent lighting, all the way. (except for my apaato!)

9:33 a.m.  
Blogger natalie said...

heated carpet??? all of these crazy little devices to distract us from the fact that we could really use some central heating!!!! so when do i get to see your now-tasteful abode? we watched monster's ball with Tomoko and Asako, they had to rely completely on subtitles and it kept making me laugh how UGLY the southern accent is, if you have not seen it, DON'T it is a really miserable film, xox

7:18 p.m.  
Blogger Justine said...

yes, i've seen it. it's good, but raaaaatha depressing, not the kind of thing you watch then stand up with a stretch, a smile, and a sigh afterwords.

9:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home