Thursday, March 17, 2005

head in the clouds

geez...has my mind been distracted lately?
papua new guinea is of course the number one culptrit. in less than 24 hours i'll be on a bus on my way to narita..........!
and of course there's other reasons i've been in the clouds....;)
however, i slepped in this morning (woke up to my alarm and turned it off), thankfully being woken finally by a c-mail from lindsay at precicely 8:22am (i have to be at work at 9, it's a 15 min drive). her c-mail simply screamed Malaria! reminding me to take my first dose of the pills with breakie.
racing to school in the rain, i obviously wasn't paying as much attention to the road as i should have done. a van in front of me made a sudden stop and i slammed on my breaks to avoid hitting him. in the process, my wheels skidded out of control from the slippery rain-soaked road and i spun around and ended up facing backwards in the opposite lane. thank goodness it was a red light ahead and that there was no oncoming traffic. the adreneline pumping through my body made my hands shake for the next hour.
hopefully i regain my sense of sanity by noon tomorrow!

7 Comments:

Blogger Mag said...

DID YOU FEEL THE EARTHQUAKE?? Every time I hear about one in Japan I think of you!

9:27 a.m.  
Blogger kittykat said...

Justine

Hurry up back from PNG please, we re all sat on our asses in rainy Niigata bored to death because there is no banter on this board.

Kate, shall we start?

11:24 p.m.  
Blogger kittykat said...

Hoorah!

yeah, HK was cool! Id definitely recommend it, and yes, Marks and Spencers was fab, as was HMV, Boots, WHSMith....ahhhhh

Wow....the Eltern are here?!?! And theyre in Sendai! Cool....your parents seem pretty clued up, i swear to god mine wouldn't know what the hell to do. Muppets.

Have a fab weekend in Tokyo (first i thought you meant Tomoko!!) it all sounds sehr aufregend!

Bah, i hate thursdays....eikaiwa tonight, cant be arsed. I woke up SO late today and school had a panic...i was 5 mins late. Jesus.

Anyways, any gossip to speak of?

8:40 p.m.  
Blogger kittykat said...

hurry home loser, im about to take the plpunge and actually write something on my blog


COMMEN COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT

10:21 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back to Japan Justine!!!!! I missed you terribly!!!! Being in Shibata without you and Lindsay was sooooo boring!

Anyway, I hope you had a good time in PNG and cannot wait to see you soon!

Once again, welcome back!

Love,
Tomoko

6:29 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woa.....Slow down, take your time, don't become a crazy time-oriented person in a culture revolving around the stresses of time, it's very uncool.

3:37 a.m.  
Blogger Justine said...

WELCOME TO THE BLOG, RACH! CAN'T WAIT TO TALK TO YOU...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! XOXOXO...splinter.
mag - was in tokyo at the time, didn't feel it. have a friend down south in kyushu, she said her apt was shaking like crazy.
dude - dore desu ka? devon?

1:47 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home